Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Grass is Always Greener...

Do you ever find yourself wishing for your child to hurry along to the next milestone, whether it be crawling, or walking, riding a bike, reading independently or any number of other big events in a childs life?

I found myself doing just that today.  It was one of those days where my 3 month old was cranky for no apparent reason (although I think I suspect teething) and by this evening had worked himself into a state and WOULD NOT let us put him down.  He wouldn't sleep, he wouldn't eat, he wouldn't even calm down in the bath.  The only thing that would calm him was me popping him on my shoulder and walking from room to room while patting his back and singing to him.  This was absolutely fine for the first two hours.  On came hour three and my nerves really started to fray and I found myself thinking terrible thoughts about his Daddy who was upstairs playing a video game and wishing for that milestone in the future where baby finally has a set schedule and sleeps through the night.  Then I went on to think of how much easier he will be when he can finally crawl around and entertain himself so I can have my hands back (which this I know for a fact is a lie LOL!  I've already had one crawler and the moment she started I was trying to figure out why I ever wanted her to crawl in the first place!  I claim temporary insanity due to crying baby!)

Finally my Mr Man decided he wanted to nurse and fell asleep peacefully in my arms.  Looking down at his now angelic face I had a reality check.  This phase of his life is so, so short.  It passes in the blink of an eye and here I am wishing it away!  Why on earth would I do that?  The day I found I was pregnant with him I swore to myself that I was going to cherish every single minute because I felt cheated by my Bug growing up as fast as she seemed to.  Now I find myself wishing for him to hurry and grow up?!    Really?!?!

So I'm challenging myself to meditate on Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."  for the next few days.  I am so very blessed to have such a wonderful family and to serve our family better I need to start thinking more positive thoughts even with a screaming baby in one arm and a crying 2 year old in the other.

Do you have a Bible Verse that your meditating on right now?  Tell me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment